How do I register for Health care in the UK?

How do I register for Health care in the UK?

The first thing you will need to do is search for a local GP surgery of Dentist. You can do this by going to: in the Find box type GP or Dentist, in the Location box type in your postcode then click search.

For example:

You will then be taken to a screen that displays their nearest services and what they provide.

You will then need to go to the GP surgery or Dentist surgery you wish to register with and request a GMS1 form. The form will ask question about your previous doctor, birthday, gender etc. Once you have filled that in return it to the doctor’s surgery. They will require a few days to contact your previous doctor and make sure they know your medical history.

In case of an emergency call 999 to request an ambulance, police or fire brigade.

If you need health care but do not know whether you will require the paramedics then please call 111. This has trained nurses who will ask you questions about health and decide whether you will need to get to hospital.

Both 999 and 111 are free to call from a landline.

Please follow us on twitter for more helpful tips on living in the UK


Log In

Create an account